So, Newcon went well. Three days of chat, drink, chat, drink, the occasional panel (I was on one, but wasn’t able to offer much of a contribution) and lovely books.
Top five moments:
- Meeting up with friends – Gary, Andrew, Michaela, Sam, Paul, Al, Heather, Debbie, Tiffany, Chaz, John (of course), Chris, Tony (but no Eric, sadly) and actually getting time to talk to them for a change as a result of the membership being so petite, and making many new ones too
- Understanding why Resurrection Cola is so named, and being glad to see the restorative effects of the convention experience taking effect too
- Getting that old inspiration rush once again, boosted by – rather than dampened – public humiliation by certain well kent faces in the business. I shall never watch Family Guy in the same way again.
- Holding the marvellous Subterfuge anthology in my sticky little hands
- Una McCormack‘s story “The Great Gig In The Sky” in said book, read on the long journey homeward.
Newcon was well timed for me in a multitude of ways, and I’ve rolled out the other side of it in great creative shape. And that – as they say in the hokey-cokey – is what it’s all about.
Roll on Eastercon.